Friday, August 6, 2010

Apartment hunting

Today was a productive day. I worked half a day and spent the afternoon searching for a new home. I haven't found THE ONE yet but I managed to get myself excited about looking. I was feeling pretty good about it until I got home. Then, for some reason, I began to feel sad again that I'm even having to look. It wasn't supposed to be this way. :-(  Mark and I were supposed to be doing this together. (sigh)
I just have to find it in me to stop crying, get up, and get on with it.  It's just so hard when life doesn't turn out the way you planned or pictured it. I just keep trying to remind myself that this isn't about me anymore. This is about my child. What would I want to teach my child? That it's okay to let everything fall down around you because someone else disappointed you? NO! Keep going. Move forward. Take care of YOU!

Good advice! Maybe one of these days I'll learn how to set a good example.  ;-)  Boo!!!

2 comments:

  1. Listen to your good advice, and take care of you! I understand the feeling of being excited when you're out doing something and then the letdown and sadness when you get back to your place alone. I'm sorry things suck so much right now. I know they'll get better, I just hope that it's soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete